Friday 13 January 2012

Cloth Bum....Here We Come

Tyrus before the swap...

One of my New Years Resolutions was to try and save money and to help the environment a little more, so I have begun by ensuring I tie my food shopping trip in with a school journey, therefore one less car journey each week (who am I kidding, probably three a week!) I did consider stopping the children eating - that would save me a fortune, but they didn't seem to like the idea !!!

Another was to consider changing Tyrus into reusable/cloth nappies. Each of the other children have always been in disposables, and thinking back I really have no idea why I didn't consider reusable nappies before.
Since starting this blog and being in touch with many different mums and baby outlets, I have begun to look into the change, Tyrus also seems to have quite sensistive skin and the edge of the nappies always look uncomfortable, although that could just be his rather chunky little legs!!

After getting lots of advice, I have purchased a number of different preloved ones, so that we can give them each a try and see which ones we like the best, so fingers crossed that it will all work out!!

Along with the nappies I have decided to make the switch to reusable wipes, my washing machine is permanently on, so it makes sense to just include the wipes in with the daily wash, and there are so many cute wipes out there, it seems a shame not to use them, I always find the scented wipes too harsh for Tyrus and the unscented really smell of nothing!!

So please join us on this new journey, if you have any tips or advice, please leave me a comment xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment