Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Olympics



Thank you to Jen at My Mummys Pennies  for tagging me in her post and passing the Olympic torch onto Hex Mum, and thanks to Lou from Bloggomy who started this fun meme.

My husband has been very involved with the Torch Relay, being responsible for its journey through parts of Suffolk, so it seems like forever we have been talking about the Olympics, and each week the children have been involved in some kind of Olympic activity.

1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?

After thinking about this for quite a long time, it would have to be car seat fitting and seatbelt clicking. Each time we get in my little bus, one of the children requests to sit somewhere else in the car, so my skills at undoing one car seat and replacing it with another are second to none, in fact, watching anyone else attempt to do them makes me quite twitchy, so that is definitely my gold medal attempt.

2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?

I was in the school netball team from the age of 7 until 11, sometimes playing against much older opponents, I can remember one incident when I had sprained my ankle really badly, but I was determined not to miss the tournament, so I made the doctor strap it up extremely tight and I played in all of the matches, we also won which was a bonus!
Once finishing Junior school I moved onto horse riding, which I still adore, the part I excelled in was being able to stay on a horse that was misbehaving, I was known for my rodeo type skills, when confronted with a bucking, rearing horse, I was never one for dressage!!

3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?

It would have to be Johnson, as I really don't find swimming appealing, except when pregnant! I was never a sprinter, but I enjoyed longer distances running.

4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if you miss the alarm and sleep in?

That would depend if I had to just get myself out of the house, or the entire brood, if I missed the alarm and it was only me, probably 5 to 10 minutes, but if it was the entire gang, 25-30 minutes, maybe a little quicker if I snuck Eowyn and Tyrus out in their PJs!!

5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?

A multi tasking event, which includes, eating breakfast, drinking a cup of tea, ironing school clothes, running up and down the stairs numerous times, loading the washing machine, unstacking the dishwasher, making school lunches, signing school paperwork, cleaning up sticky faces.....you get the idea!!

6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?

Nick Gillingham, the swimmer came and presented the swimming certificates at the leisure centre I worked at, my husband was the manager that day and he actually got to hold Nicks Olympic medals, also in London 2012, Anthony Ogogo who is from this area is representing GB in the Middleweight boxing.

7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?

The one that always sticks in my mind is Sally Gunnell in 1992 Barcelona, winning 400m hurdles, not quite sure why it sticks in my mind, think it was because I had just finished school and my GCSEs so had a relaxing summer watching lots of Olympics!!


8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?

Definitely tuning in at home, I would have loved to have gone and watched live, but with the six children, the thought of it was a nightmare! So I shall definitely be cheering on Team GB from home.

9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians).

My husband, he works very hard and is a fantastic dad to our six children, he is chairman of the local rugby club, still holding onto a first team place, although all of the team are much younger than him and we love him loads xxx

I am passing the flame on to ...

Boo Roo and Tigger Too

Mum 2 Baby Insomniac



No comments:

Post a Comment