Tuesday 20 November 2012

My Other Love..


I love my family immensely, but I also have one other love, horses. From the age of eight I began horse riding, I loved it. I was very fortunate to have my own horse at the age of 11, and I would spend hours at the stables, I used to love the horses that were challenging  and would spend many lessons trying to stay on a lively young horse, who was intent on throwing me off!

Now, as a mum with six children I do not have the time needed to care for a horse, although in the future, when the children are grown up I would love to own another horse. My youngest daughter’s name means lover of horses and our middle daughter is animal mad, so I am forever hopeful that one of them may follow in my horse obsession!

Whilst the Olympics were on, I spent a great deal of time watching the Equestrian events with my daughters, and the nine year old announced that she would like to be part of the England Equestrian Squad!

This made me very proud, although the thought of the cost involved for her to realise her dream, doesn’t bear thinking about.

My eldest niece is also Horse Mad, and has some horsey items on her Christmas list, so middle daughter and I began browsing riding boots on equestrianclearance.com and got immersed in the entire horsey world. I used to love the smell of the tack room and Hoof Oil. She was very interested in the equipment and clothing that was available for horse riding and caring for your horse.


 

She is a very determined young lady and I have no doubt in my mind that one day she will own a horse, or even a farm and that may be my way of rekindling my horse love!
This is a featured post as I love to talk about horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment