Friday 14 December 2012

Maps International review

The entire Morrison household LOVES maps, our bookcases are overflowing with them...



We have A huge world map above the computer where I am currently typing from, a map of Europe in our hallway upstairs that takes up an entitre wall.

Our lounge has old framed maps of Norfolk and Suffolk.

I have to admit, my geography used to be pretty poor, it was one subject that I didn't have an interest in, and dropped it as soon as I could, but Asa has a very good knowledge of Geography and his love of maps has rubbed off on me.

The children have grown up with maps all around them, and their knowledge of the world is quite impressive, just by having maps on the wall and finding places they have been on holiday.

We do not have a GPS system for our car and do not intend to get one, we take it in turns to map read when we are going somewhere we are unsure of.

Every holiday that we take, we get the corresponding Ordnance Survey map, to explore the area. We have found some stunning places to go walking or take a picnic, just by looking at the maps and taking a more scenic route!!

When I was given the opportunity to review from Maps International, I jumped at the chance.
I couldn't wait to see what they would send us to review...

We were told that we were going to be sent a Glow in the Dark World Map, so I immediately went onto Maps International to have a look!

It arrived the very next day, an efficient and quick delivery service. It was delivered in a Sturdy cardboard tube.
The map itself is excellent quality and I am still deciding exactly where to put it, all four bedrooms have been suggested by at least one person from each, but I am thinking more in the Piano room.

The map in daylight is excellent, but I was even more interested to see how it would perform in the dark.
I didn't have to wait very long, as the winter nights draw in so early...

All I can say is WOW, the children called it awesome. It really does Glow in The Dark spectacularly.

My camera was not able to show it off as well as the picture on the website, and I can honestly say it looks EXACTLY like that when in the dark, amazing.

The website has some fantastic maps on there, I particularly like the Map wallpaper, and may consider using this when I redecorate the Study.

If, like us you love maps, the wonderful people at Maps International have given me a special code to offer all of my blog readers.
If you enter the code 'HEXMUM15' this will give you 15% off everything from the online store.

It is definitely worth a look for anyone that enjoys maps.
 

1 comment:

  1. Genuinely when someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it happens.

    my page :: Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete